mandag den 8. marts 2010

Kosal, 11 years, a new homeless boy in our project

Kosal is the a homeless boy. He is 11 years old and I met him and his family for the first time 3 years ago, at that time he was 8 years old and still running naked around at the temple area and I bought him and his brothers some new cloths. I meet him and his family every time I visit Cambodia.

He is the oldest son in a homeless family with 5 kids (1-11 years old). They came from the country side to find a better life in Phnom Penh, his father has a rickshaw and his mother is a bagger. Usually they stay in the temple area without any belongings and the kids don’t go to school. Lately the mother took the small kids back to her village and left them there, probably at her mother, as they were sick.

Kosal can now go to school and get, for the first time in his life, a chance to be like other children.

We donated his uniform, shoes, bag, books and other school expenses and we will also buy him some food. Yos will be his protector, buy the things he need and look after him.

I don’t know if it will be possible for him to concentrate on studying and making homework as he don’t have a home, he just live out side under a tree, but I want to give him a chance and I wish him the best.

His father rent his rickshaw so I have a plan to donate a bike to him so he can save the rent and have more money to buy food for the kids in the future.

Ingen kommentarer: